Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Creativity Sucks ?



Sometimes life becomes so hard that writing a word becomes the toughest job in the world. I can remember a line once said by one of my teacher, “When you dream, dream big. It will cost you nothing but may give you the biggest return of your life”. I was moved by those words that time but as the time goes I realized that those words are just for the sake of saying words. In reality it doesn’t carry any meaning. But in result, it cost you a cancer in your mind and thoughts. Now you may thought what made me to write so?
Well some incidents and facts happened and happening all around that it made me saying so. I have a friend who writes some creative writings and post them in to some magazine for approval and publishing. The same guy one day went for an interview and told about his achievements in writing. In reply the interviewer asked him to write something creative about himself. It means a creative auto-biography. I still have a question about the interviewer’s abilities. Oh! My friend was not selected in that media company.
From the day I born I watched my as well as all the parents of my society are running a rat-race to educate and successful their children. Admitting in a good school, well educated home tutor and also very focused on extra-curricular activity. It does not matter whether you can paint or play but you should become a Md. Hussain or a Zakir Hussain. But still if you don’t have any ability then at least just secure a place in an MNC after doing your B.Tech or MBA.
Once I read in a magazine that every year more than 1lakhs MBAs are graduating where as only 2% of it are getting proper job according to their ability and the rest of the 98% are doing what they suppose not to do. Well consider me also in the later part.
I will end this writing by giving two examples of my friends. One of my friend is a electrical engineer and working as a software engineer in a  MNC and preparing for State Bank of India’s clerical post. Reason it pays you more and you have a secured future ahead. It does not matter whether that profiles suits you or not.
And one of my friend loved literature. He is doing tuitions to earn his pocket money. He loved creativity. But when we all friends meet he tells us creativity sucks.
Now my question is can we dream whatever we want to dream? Can we dream that big? Hahaha … you know the reality, you know the answer.




4 comments:

Unknown said...

No one sees our creativity bro. We have to manage it in our life.

Avishek Samadder said...

but we should do what we want to do... don't be a copy cat. Money success fame all comes if you be like you...

Raksy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Raksy said...

I love the post...good job!!!